Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Little Bit of Home



The Pacific Northwest is home 
to huge wonderful Fir Trees...
And for almost 45 years it was home to me!


Every year my husband's brother sends us a beautiful, lush, and very fragrant evergreen wreath from Washington State. It is like getting a little reminder of "back home" for our Christmas enjoyment.




This particular wreath was from 2009, the last last year that we lived in Texas. I hung it on the back patio door so I could smell it every time I open and closed the door. 

Of course I decorated it with my favorite winter bird... Cardinals!

This year's wreath arrived the other day. It will not be able to withstand the heat here in the California desert so it will be kept inside. I think I will be placing it on my square coffee table. I will share some pictures in a few days.

I have artificial wreaths hanging on the outside doors. It was in the mid eighties the other day and should be getting cooler over the next few weeks, but not cool enough for the wreath to last through the holidays.


Here is a sneak peek of our front door wreath(s).



I will share the front entry and courtyard decor tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend!

xoxo 
Bunny Jean


3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

How nice to be getting a live wreath from the PNW! Lucky girl!

XO,
Jane

Shabby chic Sandy said...

So sweet for your Uncle to send you a wreath. I love all the fresh trees and wreaths we have here--that is why I have never been able to bring myself to do a fake one. Enjoy!

Always Nesting said...

Lucky you getting that beautiful wreath every year. I'm so jealous of your warm weather. We are smack dab into our gray and rain and I'm soooo over it. Will June never come?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...